Sunday, March 16, 2008

Light

It seems everything I am reading and hearing this week is about 'light'. We are salt and light. At CC this morning Troy is talking about 'impacting the world around us' ie being light. Whether that is here or those we support in other countries as the Bromley's shared about today. I want to be light not just any light but one that is effective. But I have to wonder 'How effective am I'? I pray that I am moving closer to being more effective daily. Sometimes I wonder how I can be an effective light when I take care of children all day. I am learning that I am most effective when they see it burning brightly and it makes a difference in their lives and they seek that out. WOW, what a purposeful light is! That is how God created us to be. A light. Pure and simple.

I am covering 3 chapter in Ephesians and 3 chapters in Proverbs to get me ,blog wise, caught up to where I need/want to be. :)

Ephesians 3 -

10 God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Church/the Body! Wow - and we GET to be a part of that!

12 Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.

When I read this, I thought - if only I lived according to this and lived boldly and confidently. How much different would I be today? I desire and want to live confidently, I'm just not sure what that looks like for me. Jesus, help me to live confidently and boldly in You.

17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.

AWWW what a beautiful word picture. I need my roots to go deep. I am taking steps so my roots do go deep. That is not something that just happens. Keep Seeking, Keep Seeking his face!

8 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

There are days I think I get how much He loves me. Then the very next day, I realize that I don't even begin to comprehend the depth of His love for me.

...19 Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

That is the only way I will ever be complete! FROM GOD!!!

Ephesians 4

1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.

This verse pretty much sums up this chapter for me. Lead a life worthy - called by god. It entails unity - different gifts, etc . God is incredibly creative!

Ephesians 5

1 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.

Follow God, Seek Him - everything works together - just as He planned! Simple , right? I tend to complicate things. Make them harder than they need to be. Not sure why but I do. :) Jesus, Help me to imitate and follow You - that's all that I need. You.

Proverbs 14, 15, 16 will wait till tomorrow for my comments and then back on track with a chapter from proverbs and a chapter in Ephesians (well for another day, at least in Ephesians -then a new book) daily. :)

No comments: