Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ready, set, grow...

I am new to the whole blogging thing but excited to get started! There are parts of me that are a little nervous about being totally honest (with myself and with whomever is reading). This is definitely going to be a fun, excited, stretching, learning, growing journey and I am excited to be on it!

It's funny how when you make a decision and are all set to do it - Satan rears his ugly head - I sat down to read and journal today and all of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom like you would not believe, I thought my bladder was going to bust (it didn't). So, I did not get much reading or journaling done today cause I was HUGELY distracted with my bladder. Sarah came and I went but by then it was time to go pick kids up from school. Satan uses whatever tactics he thinks he's got but I am here now reading and journaling - he hasn't seen the last of me. :)

Wow, Proverbs was right where I am today. Funny how God plans things like that. :)

12:3
Wickedness never brings stability,
but the godly have deep roots.

I NEED deep roots again! There was a time I had some pretty deep roots but somewhere along the way - the soil eroded, life washed it away and it all happened so slowly. One day I woke up with shallow roots, no accountability and just going thru the motions. I long for those life giving, deep roots. Lord, guide me, draw me to that place.

12:14 Wise words bring many benefits,
and hard work brings rewards.
15 Fools think their own way is right,
but the wise listen to others.

These are our verses! Thanks for allowing God to use you, to give me wise words! I pray I am wise in listening and sharing. :)

Ephesians:

1:15 Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for God’s people everywhere,

I want to look at people and see them thru Your eyes, Jesus. How much you love them and precious they are to you. Open my eyes to those around me.

1:16 I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly,

Something I want to come naturally for me - living in a attitude of prayer. Not just something to do but always in an attitude of prayer. Open my heart to you, Jesus.

Finally - 1:23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.

Christian Community!!! God you are so good!! Thank you for your body! Thank you that I GET to be part of YOU!

No comments: